Established in 1992, Mydrim Gallery is one of the oldest galleries in Lagos, Nigeria. The gallery is a reality borne out of a dream rooted in a passion for the beauty expressed through art.
The gallery focuses on the immense talent of its artists and the messages their works convey. The gallery showcases the works of emerging, established and master artists. It also creates awareness and appreciation of the visual arts in Nigeria and abroad.
Since its inception, the gallery has organized exhibitions, performances, readings, receptions, symposia and special events that have been of great benefit to various Nigerian artists and establishments. Every year, the gallery presents programmes and exhibitions such as the Pastel Exhibition, “Generations: The Future Masters” and an Affordable Art Fair.
Noteworthy exhibitions, programmes and collaborations:
- 2000 – Institute of Visual Arts and Culture (IVAC) lectures in collaboration with the late international curator, Bisi Silva. The lectures were delivered by renowned historians and curators such as Eddie Chambers, Chika Okeke-Agulu and Yacouba Konate.
- 2005 – ‘Rejuvenation!’ exhibition in collaboration with Society of Nigerian Artists (SNA) with Kolade Oshinowo as president. The exhibition showcased works by grand masters, masters and young talents. A total of 39 artists participated in the exhibition.
- 2007 – ‘Living Masters’ exhibition in collaboration with Guaranty Trust Bank plc. The exhibition celebrated nine accomplished Nigerian master artists such as Isiaka Osunde, David Dale and Lamidi Fakeye. It was declared open by Nobel Laureate, Wole Soyinka.
- 2010 – ‘Nigeria at Fifty’, a photography exhibition for the Lagos State Government to commemorate Nigeria’s 50th Independence anniversary.
- 2015 – Modern Art Section at Art Dubai Fair (8th Edition).
- 2015 – 2018 – ‘Lagos Art Aution’ organised by Terra Kulture Mydrim Gallery (TKMG) Auction House, a collaboration with Terra Kulture Gallery.
- 2018 – ‘Masters’ Exhibition’ and ‘Meet the Masters’ Reception in collaboration with Lagos State Inland Revenue Service (LIRS), Templars Law Firm, Custodian Investment plc and Union Bank plc. The exhibition was organised to celebrate the gallery’s 25th anniversary. The exhibition featured works by twelve accomplished Nigerian artists such as Yusuf Grillo, David Dale and Chief Nike Davies-Okundaye. It was declared open by Vice President of Nigeria, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo.
- 2019 – Modern Section at Art X Lagos Fair (4th Edition).